[Bf-committers] Building FFMPEG on MINGW

Timothy Baldridge tbaldridge at gmail.com
Fri Oct 12 20:51:11 CEST 2007

Probably because not all systems running Blender on x86 have SSE, but
I'd hope by this time all of them have MMX (is there a proc > 200mhz
that doesn't?).

Timothy

On 10/12/07, Joe Eagar <joeedh at gmail.com> wrote:
> MMX? Why not SSE or SSE2?
>
> Joe
>
> Peter Schlaile wrote:
> > Hi Timothy,
> >

> >> I submitted a link via the bug tracker a while back. Some guys out in
> >> china do CVS builds for windows every few months. I've been using the
> >> current ones for several months now.
> >>

> > I'd really prefer to use the version bundled with blender to make the
> > build so that different platforms are in sync with each other. (Otherwise,
> > bug hunting gets very annoying when even the _internal_ blender ffmpeg
> > libs differ in version.)
> >
> > There are also speed reasons for that, since I added my own MMX-optimized
> > version for the YUV -> BGRA32 transformation to libswscale (which is still
> > not included in ffmpeg-SVN, since they seem to have, well, interesting
> > patch policies even for trivial patches...)
> >
> > Sincerely,
> > Peter

If you put tomfoolery into a computer, nothing comes out but
tomfoolery. But this tomfoolery, having passed through a very
expensive machine, is somehow ennobled and no one dares criticize it.
(Pierre Gallois)