[Bf-committers] Building FFMPEG on MINGW

Peter Schlaile peter at schlaile.de
Fri Oct 12 09:30:58 CEST 2007

Hi Timothy,

> I submitted a link via the bug tracker a while back. Some guys out in
> china do CVS builds for windows every few months. I've been using the
> current ones for several months now.

I'd really prefer to use the version bundled with blender to make the
build so that different platforms are in sync with each other. (Otherwise,
bug hunting gets very annoying when even the _internal_ blender ffmpeg
libs differ in version.)

There are also speed reasons for that, since I added my own MMX-optimized
version for the YUV -> BGRA32 transformation to libswscale (which is still
not included in ffmpeg-SVN, since they seem to have, well, interesting
patch policies even for trivial patches...)

Sincerely,
Peter