[Bf-committers] Building FFMPEG on MINGW

Timothy Baldridge tbaldridge at gmail.com
Thu Oct 11 16:10:35 CEST 2007

I submitted a link via the bug tracker a while back. Some guys out in
china do CVS builds for windows every few months. I've been using the
current ones for several months now.

Tracker link:
http://projects.blender.org/tracker/?group_id=9&atid=125&func=detail&aid=7341

Timothy

On 10/11/07, Peter Schlaile <peter at schlaile.de> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> > Can there still be an option to use prebuilt libraries?  I use a unix
> > shell myself to build stuff, but not everyone who uses scons does as
> > far as I know.
>
> nothing has changed here. (You can always build against an external ffmpeg
> lib).
>
> Only problem right now: the precompiled libs we include with blender won't
> work anymore, since the used ffmpeg version is far too old.
>
> If someone could build a newer one and bundle this again, I'd be glad!
>
> Sincerely,
> Peter

If you put tomfoolery into a computer, nothing comes out but
tomfoolery. But this tomfoolery, having passed through a very
expensive machine, is somehow ennobled and no one dares criticize it.
(Pierre Gallois)