[Bf-committers] Fractional frames per second / NTSC

Peter Schlaile peter at schlaile.de
Mon Oct 8 09:57:52 CEST 2007

Hi,

just added a patch to the bug tracker (was initially a bug report), that
adds fractional FPS support to blender.

In case you do not know: NTSC support isn't very complete at the moment,
since we use 30 FPS instead of 30 / 1.001 FPS.

As you can see, it wasn't sufficient to just make frs_sec a float, since
NTSC FPS can't be approximated that easily.

I had to change a lot of places, where frs_sec was used and so I'm not
sure, that everything works still as expected. (Also it pretty much
should...)

So: NTSC folks, please test this thoroughly, before this can go into
trunk:

https://projects.blender.org/tracker/?func=detail&aid=6715&group_id=9&atid=125

Almost forgot: I only changed ffmpeg-render, so quicktime and AVI folks
should change the render-code accordingly to write the correct FPS into
file.

Have fun!

Sincerely,
Peter