[Bf-committers] Blender sunday meetings - declining productivity?

Tom M letterrip at gmail.com
Mon Oct 8 03:02:43 CEST 2007

I've noticed that lately our Sunday meetings seem to have both
decreased productivity (fairly lengthy amount of time, and comments,
but with little to nothing accomplished in the way of decisions or in
newly conveyed information), and decreased core developer attendance
(possibly as a result of the first).

I'd like to suggest a change to hopefully reverse that trend

1) Sunday meeting topics must be added prior to the meeting

We sort of had this as an informal rule about a year ago, but it
hasn't been enforced.  I feel that this would ensure that 1) topics
that need discussion are discussed in advance (meetings are meant for
decisions) 2) we don't have inappropriate topics that end up massive
time wasters.  3)  If specific core devs are needed to comment on
something they can plan to attend or send their comments as an email
in advance if needed.

I thought i had some other suggestions but the others appear to have
escaped my mind, so just the one for now.

LetterRip