[Bf-committers] Polychop modifier

Rodrigo Hernandez kwizatz at aeongames.com
Wed Oct 3 18:16:35 CEST 2007

Chris Burt wrote:
> "Remember, Polychop's Results can be seen before you "commit" the
> modifier, decimate does not allows"
>
> I'm confused.. isn't this what the "Apply" button of every modifier is for?
>
> --Chris

Nope, apply makes the modifications permanent in the mesh, while they
are in the modifier stack, their parameters
can still be changed.

In the text you quoted me above I meant "commit"=apply to make a
distinction between add and apply,
"add" adds a modifier to the modifier stack, "apply" commits the
modifications to the mesh.

This is actually one of the flaws in the current decimate modifier, you
have to add the modifier, set the ratio
of decimation and then apply it in order to see the result, if its not
what you had in mind, you have to undo
and try again.