[Bf-committers] Physics Sprint

Ton Roosendaal ton at blender.org
Wed Oct 3 09:35:52 CEST 2007

Hi,

As discussed sunday a week ago, here's topics for the 2 day workshop in
Amsterdam, as being attended by Daniel Genrich, Jens Ole Wund, Nils
Tuery (1 day), Janne Karhu, Campbell Barton, Brecht van Lommel and
myself.

- unified baking, layered bakes, editing bakes, bake modifiers...
- units, how to unify among modules and how to present this in UI
(allow meters, inch etc)
- APIs; find the common denominators in projects.... physics help lib?
Uniform collision lib, spatial lookup lib, ...
- usage of external systems like Bullet
- UI / tools aspects, design tools to use 3D window (less buttons),
design rigid body toolkit
- threading, OpenMP
- physics in character animation, the concept of 'controllers'

I want to propose we start with explaining each other the current state
and future ideas of your own Blender work, so we share a good
understanding of each others projects. After that we can finetune the
agenda based on topics we consider most important to work on.

Cya!

-Ton-

Ton Roosendaal  Blender Foundation ton at blender.org
http://www.blender.org