[Bf-committers] Polychop modifier

Rodrigo Hernandez kwizatz at aeongames.com
Wed Oct 3 03:09:54 CEST 2007

Ben Batt wrote:
> It may be worthwhile to extend the decimate modifier to allow
> switching between the two methods, rather than having two different
> decimate modifiers.
>
> Ben

I am not very familiar with the decimate code, but from what I saw, it
is way more complex than Polychop,
I think it would be more troublesome to mix them than create a new one
(and I rather not touch the decimate code to be honest).
Besides, they would use completely different code, this IMO would not
only create messy code branches, but could also confuse
the user into thinking one is a subset of the other, or that its the
same thing with different parameters.

Cheers!