[Bf-committers] Polychop modifier

Rodrigo Hernandez kwizatz at aeongames.com
Tue Oct 2 16:49:25 CEST 2007

Michael Fox wrote:
> Great Idea, i would recommend instead of making a new modifier i
> recommend recoding the current decimate modifier

I thought of that, however the current decimate modifier is an internal
library, so duplicating its
template didn't seem like the easiest approach.

On top of that there are some differences between the two, otherwise, I
wouldn't see a need
for the new modifier, for example Polychop would allow real time
"preview" of the result,
the degree of polygon reduction is given by a target vertex count rather
than a ratio, and
finally no vertex is repositioned, only discarded by folding triangles
into edges.

So, my idea is to have both coexist, as they may fill different needs.