[Bf-committers] Polychop modifier

Rodrigo Hernandez kwizatz at aeongames.com
Tue Oct 2 04:04:11 CEST 2007

Hello again,

I am trying to write a polygon reduction modifier, in particular its the
integration of
Stan Melax Polychop algorithm (Information can be found here:
http://www.melax.com/polychop),
I have already re-written his code as a library and made some
modifications for the code to be more general,
and added the MIT license to it (Stan Melax provides the code without a
license per se, but includes a clause
saying pretty much the same as the MIT one).

If anyone is interested, the lib is currently available by SVN at my
website at: http://svn.aeongames.com/svn/polychop/trunk/

So, anyway, I have been fiddling with Blender's code and I got the whole
"add a new modifier" thing down, but I was unable
to create a proper CMakelists.txt file that would add the header
directory for Polychop, and the whole hierarchy of directories
is a bit confusing to me, so I was wondering whats the proper procedure
to add the code of external libraries and then properly add
CMake support (as well as SCons).

I guess the Polychop library would go on the extern directory, but, are
there any rules as to how it should be added?

Thank you for clarifying these.