[Bf-committers] UI layout engine

Carsten Wartmann cw at blenderbuch.de
Tue Nov 27 17:00:50 CET 2007

Alexander Ewering schrieb:

Hi to all who follow this discussion,

> My (and probably EVERY other coder's!) primary concern with the current system
> is not the fact that the coordinates are stored inside source files, but the
> fact that specifying coordinates is even NECESSARY!
>
> As I mentioned, when you code new stuff for Blender (in my case, for my 2D
> fork of Blender), you almost are afraid of needing an UI for it because it
> means 2 hours of button-coordinate-trial-and-error.

I like the idea too, but my concern is that an automatic layout will
change with every release or even worse on every computer it is running
on. A nightmare for a writer! No more "Klick the Make Nice Anim" Button
right to the "Render Button"...

So please let there human intelligence be the boss. KI will never
generate a good GUI which a hunman can use.

Carsten