[Bf-committers] [Bf-blender-cvs] SVN commit: /data/svn/bf-blender [12678] branches/imgbrowser-elubie/source/ blender: Doing some more buttons stuff again - intermediate commit working on texture panels

Ben Batt benbatt at gmail.com
Tue Nov 27 04:40:13 CET 2007

On Nov 27, 2007 3:00 AM, Alexander Ewering <blender at instinctive.de> wrote:
> just a suggestion: After I've again spent about one hour on actual coding,
> and then three hours on tweaking coordinates of buttons, wouldn't it be time
> - BEFORE the next UI reshuffle - to finally end this crazyness and finally
> do a *real* UI makeover and implement an automatic layout engine like HTML
> has?

I agree, an automatic layout engine would be a huge improvement over
the current system. I don't know if using XML or Python to specify the
layout is necessary (seems to me that just specifying layout in C with
automatic layout rather than absolute coordinates would still be a
huge improvement), but it does sound quite nice.

Ben