[Bf-committers] UI layout engine

sfogoros sfogoros at att.net
Mon Nov 26 22:42:47 CET 2007

Awhile back I imagined the UI as being stored as a blender scene that
could be loaded into the 3D view and edited.

In operation, it would layout in it's panel as a 3D scene where access
to context function would reveal from behind or be visible with depth
cue as to it's relationship, as in object surface attributes, textures,
etc., could be visibly linked by lines similar to logic brick, but in 3D
instead of 2D.

There could be some customization of layout by personal preference or
functional use as UI scenes could be stored as .blend files and swapped
in real time.

Anyway, It seemed elegant to have the controls as a function of the
render and game engine.

I understand this is way beyond what is needed in the near future, but
thought it an interesting idea for Blender UI.