[Bf-committers] UI layout engine

Alexander Ewering blender at instinctive.de
Mon Nov 26 20:42:43 CET 2007

On Mon, 26 Nov 2007, Martin Poirier wrote:

> If that can automatically calculate optimum button
> width depending on their content, great, but I think
> I'd prefer Alex's relative sizing/positioning idea
> better.

The uiBlockBeginHRow() and VRow functions imply automatic layout -- as I
said, uiDefBut() calls should NOT take any coordinates AT ALL then - they
automatically get stuffed into their respective containers (rows, columns,
or maybe a "grid" container).

Alexander Ewering

[ i n s t i n c t i v e . ]   http://www.instinctive.de

Zur Waldeshoehe 6                    Tel.: 02393-220558
59846 Sundern                         Fax: 02393-220559
Germany                xx-mail: xx-mail.com/instinctive