[Bf-committers] UI layout engine

Emmanuel Stone emmanuel.stone at gmail.com
Mon Nov 26 20:14:06 CET 2007

I agree that this needs to be done, I've been avoiding UI stuff for
this very reason.

I'm not sure if Alexander's was suggesting exactly this, but I would
quite like an 'idiot mode' where you can just push buttons onto a
stack in rows, that autoscale to become the panel:

e.g.

 uiBlockBeginPanel(...);

  // Row with single button taking entire width
  uiBlockBeginRow(...);
   uiBut...() ;
 uiBlockEndRow();

  // Two buttons scaled to 50% each
  uiBlockBeginRow(...);
   uiBut...();
   uiBut...() ;
 uiBlockEndRow();
uiBlockBeginPanel();

Obviously it should be able to handle other widgets too, such as
spacers and whatnot.

-Emmanuel