[Bf-committers] UI layout engine

Alexander Ewering blender at instinctive.de
Mon Nov 26 18:37:45 CET 2007

On Mon, 26 Nov 2007, Martin Poirier wrote:

> I find the 3 hours estimate a bit of a stretch though,
> unless that doesn't include porting all the old code
> to the auto-layout engine.

Yes, of course that didn't include the porting work. However, as Matt was
again starting to re-align buttons all over the place and at least trying to
improve the situation a BIT by using constants, I thought it would be the
right moment to do this public statement. Better do a basic layout engine
now, and then, instead of doing little "hacks" everywhere, overhaul ALL
buttons and ALL panels the RIGHT way (tm).

Alexander Ewering

[ i n s t i n c t i v e . ]   http://www.instinctive.de

Zur Waldeshoehe 6                    Tel.: 02393-220558
59846 Sundern                         Fax: 02393-220559
Germany                xx-mail: xx-mail.com/instinctive