[Bf-committers] Request for improvements in Sequencer and Compositor

Wojtek Kupiec wojak at inet.biz.pl
Tue Nov 20 20:21:30 CET 2007

Hi,

Rui Campos napisa?(a):
> Hi all,
>
> I'm producing a set of Blender Training DVDs and would like to use Blender
> to edit and output the final result. And while Blender is a powerful tool,
> the Sequencer editor and Node Compositor still need improvements.
>
> I would like to know if anyone would be interested in adding any of the
> following features to Blender:
>
> 1. Node Compositor integration with the IPO (highest)
> 2. Proxy preview in the sequencer, as the videos will be in HD (high)
> 3. Subtitles support in the sequencer, supporting srt or similar and
> manual input (high)
> 4. Subtitles editor with live interaction with the sequencer (high)
>
> 5. MKV(Matroska) container output with: video, audio, subtitles and
> chapters (medium)
> 6. MKV(Matroska) container output with multiple audio tracks, for
> different language support (medium)
> 7. MKV(Matroska) container output with multiple subtitle tracks, for
> different language support (medium)
> 8. Video/Image Strip preview in the sequencer strip itself (medium)

Some time ago i already made basic support for MKV format in blender.
Written in python.
Please see this file: http://195.205.38.39/mkv_support.blend.gz , there
is simple example.

To see result please folow below description:
1. Render animation
2. Export chapters file by pressing Alt+P on script window
3. execute command: "mkvmerge -o ./test.mkv --chapters
./mkv_support_chapters.xml ./test.avi" (be sure to have installed
mkvtoolnix)
4. play your animation with mplayer and make sure to have correctly
configured /etc/mplayer/input.conf - add or replace LEFT and RIGHT values:

LEFT seek_chapter -1
RIGHT seek_chapter +1

Now you can navigate your animation ..