[Bf-committers] [Bf-blender-cvs] SVN commit: /data/svn/bf-blender [12595] trunk/blender/source/blender: * New material option: TexFace Alpha

Vilem Novak pildanovak at post.cz
Fri Nov 16 11:06:53 CET 2007

I always wondered about the hackish implementation of "texface". I think people will be wanting quite often to use the alpha channel with it, but there are surely cases when the texture needs to be plugged somewhere else too - bump and others. In such cases, the "simple and fast solution" turns into the "slow and make it all by hand" solution. I think moving the whole texface option to some other point in the material would be great:
1.st a texface node, with option to set the UV set you need, or just taking the 1st set if nothing set.
2.nd an option for a special texture - it would drop the mapping part, but you could use it for all material channels - bump, spec,.... not only color and alpha
Vilda N.