[Bf-committers] Layers base defines or variables

Alexander Ewering blender at instinctive.de
Thu Nov 15 12:25:59 CET 2007

On Thu, 15 Nov 2007, David Bryant wrote:

> I want to give Blender more layers.Can anyone point me to the base layer
> bitmask defines or variables in the codebase?

There are no defines. The layer bitfield is just an int that is used in
various places. Some of these bits are reserved for other stuff (local
views, and I think Envmap-related stuff), so they can't be used. You'll have
a hard time extending the layer system to more than at most 31.

Alexander Ewering

[ i n s t i n c t i v e . ]   http://www.instinctive.de

Zur Waldeshoehe 6                    Tel.: 02393-220558
59846 Sundern                         Fax: 02393-220559
Germany                xx-mail: xx-mail.com/instinctive