[Bf-committers] [bf-blender-Patches][6842] A new procedural texture implementation to generate tiling patterns

Ahmad Kabani ahmadkabani at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 9 19:26:34 CET 2007

Thanks Martin. Will do.

----- Original Message ----
From: Martin Poirier <theeth at yahoo.com>
To: bf-blender developers <bf-committers at blender.org>
Sent: Friday, November 9, 2007 12:30:13 PM
Subject: Re: [Bf-committers] [bf-blender-Patches][6842] A new procedural texture implementation to generate tiling patterns

--- Ahmad Kabani <ahmadkabani at yahoo.com> wrote:

> I'm not familiar with how subversion levels work. Do
> you normally revert it to 0 after a release? It
> didn't seem like it since it is now at 7 in latest
> SVN checkout. I may have missed it while away from
> the source code for a while.

Yes, subversion is reset to 0 each release. It's
something that's used inter-releases, basically.

> For now, I'll use (main->versionfile < 245) and
> notify users that appending from files of older
> versions may not work correctly (which it is
> anyway).

You could also do:

if (main->versionfile < 245 || (main->versionfile ==
245 && main->subversionfile < 4))

Always correct older versions and correct 2.45
versions when subversion is lower than the one where
your feature was introduced.

> Will someone automatically fix do_versions() if the
> patch is integrated into blender OR is that my
> responsibility to provide as part of the patch?

Hopefully, the patch integrator will fix it if it
doesn't work correctly (you can add a comment to that
effect in the tracker or in the code, to make sure
it's checked).

Martin