[Bf-committers] [bf-blender-Patches][6842] A new procedural texture implementation to generate tiling patterns

Ahmad Kabani ahmadkabani at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 9 16:13:56 CET 2007

Hi guys,

I have a quick question. In readfile.c, do_versions(), the main->subversionfile doesn't seem to reflect the correct subversion level stored in the file OR the subversion level seems to be stored incorrectly. This patch has existed since before 2.45 was released. Some people noted that appending a material containing the new Tiles texture would not work. I found that none of the texture parameters were being reloaded... actually all of them were reset to defaults because I was doing a check like so:

    if(main->versionfile != 245 || main->subversionfile < 4)
        OR
    if(main->versionfile <= 245 || main->subversionfile < 4)

The debugging statement at the top of the function reports subversion set to 0 instead of 7 (as defined in BKE_blender.h. I can temporarily fix my patch by changing the call to:

    if(main->versionfile < 245)

but this fixes only for files saved with the latest patch. Is there a better way I can resolve this?

Ahmad

P.S. I'm now at a point where I've run out of ideas for this. If people have comments and suggestions on how I can improve on the UI and functionality (new presets, better parameters) please feel free to let me know.