[Bf-committers] Qdune code

Joe Eagar joeedh at gmail.com
Thu Nov 8 06:26:24 CET 2007

One of the core Aqsis devs mentioned that Aqsis suffers from speed
problems.  This was months ago, and current SVN could've improved a lot
for all I know, but at that time there was even a java REYES renderer
faster then Aqsis.

I kindof don't think Aqsis would be a good investment for direct
integration into blender.  Pixie is miles ahead of Aqsis, which kindof
makes the deal for me.  I'm not sure how you could ever argue Aqsis over
Pixie, to be honest.  Pixie supports ray tracing (using the pixar cache
method), better shadow maps, etc (I know, all these are being "worked
on" for Aqsis).  Ray tracing especially is important for some things.

Joe