[Bf-committers] [Bf-blender-cvs] SVN commit: /data/svn/bf-blender [12449] trunk/blender/source/blender/src/ editipo.c: Bugfix - Ipo-Editor Scaling:

Emil Brink emil at obsession.se
Fri Nov 2 09:21:54 CET 2007

On 11/1/07, sfogoros <sfogoros at att.net> wrote:
> Um, how many bytes is a unicode char equal to? Does C have nchar and would
> that differentiate between sizeof (char) == 1 and sizeof (nchar) == 2? I was just
> wondering ...

I don't know the details well enough off the top of my head to write a
deep article about this. :) But the idea is that a "char" is the
smallest addressable piece of memory on the host computer. It does not
need to be 8 bits. sizeof computes the size of an object (or a type)
in units of chars, not in units of 8-bit octets.

http://www.chemie.fu-berlin.de/chemnet/use/info/libc/libc_18.html has
some more information, as (I'm sure) does Wikipedia and others.

Regards,

/Emil