[Bf-committers] supporting 6Dof devices on blender.

Ettore Pasquini ettore_pasquini at 3dconnexion.com
Wed May 30 06:41:24 CEST 2007

On 5/28/07 12:59 PM, "Chris Want" <cwant at ualberta.ca> wrote:

> Ettore Pasquini wrote:
>> Serial port devices are kinda old... I don't think we're doing anything
>> anymore for them (at least I'm not :-)) beside maintainance... I will ask
>> for more detailed info.
>
> I was given a serial port Spaceball 5000 within the last
> six months by HP as a bundle with an Opteron workstation.
> So, I'd also vote for serial port support.

Just a confirmation: the following serial devices are still supported by
3Dconnexion Un*x drivers, so our plugin will still work on Un*x systems with
these devices:
SpaceBall 4000
SpaceBall 5000
SpaceExplorer
SpaceMouse Plus
SpaceMouse Plus XT

Unfortunately, serial devices have been dropped on Windows since Nov 2006.

-Ettore

!DSPAM:18,465d0650461321528879231!