[Bf-committers] Scheduling

Aaron Moore two.a.ron at gmail.com
Tue May 29 13:19:19 CEST 2007

Concerning the beginning stages of the Render API development, I will
be out of the country for a little more than a week. I am going to
Poland for an intensive acting workshop. When I applied to both summer
of code and this workshop, it seemed like there would be no serious
conflict given that the intensive is only 10 days, but actually
scheduling it I've realized it's going to make the first have of the
summer development tight.

The exact dates I'll be gone:
Departure (PDX): June 6, 1:20 PM PDT
Arrival (PDX): June 19, 11:25 AM PDT

(A couple extra days to get all the way around the world.)

However, given that I'm willing to work weekends and extra hours, I
don't think it should be a problem. The lost hours will simply have to
be displaced through the weekends of the first half of the summer. I'm
sorry if this puts unnecessary pressure on those who will be working
with me. But this brings me to my point.

I would like to schedule at least one, hopefully two IRC meetings on
#blendercoders to discuss the API design before I leave in slightly
more than a week. I plan to work through the specifications for at
least, the Softimage XSI API, the Renderman Interface, and Mental
Ray's interface. Additionally, I will try to understand the other side
of the spectrum, blender internal renderer and yafray's scene
description requirements. These are somewhat harder because of the
much smaller quantity of documentation, but I will use what there is,
keep asking on IRC and try to be creative about methods of figuring
things out.

Likely the best time to meet would be in the USA morning, Europe
late-afternoon/early-evening. I'm not entirely sure how would be the
best way to come to a consensus about when to meet, given that not
everyone is on IRC at the same time... Could developers who are
interested in participating in these meetings either email me
scheduling info, or post the info on the wiki page:
http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Render_API

By the way, since I'm new to all of this, could someone let me know if
I'm say, butchering wiki etiquette or something. I'm not sure if I'm
using the mailing lists or the wiki wrong, I just know what I need to
get done, and am trying to do it. So a heads up would be welcome, if I
need one.

When a date and time is set, I'll be sure to post the details.

Aaron

!DSPAM:2446,465c222c269879337011725!