[Bf-committers] Blender 2.44a windows only

Diego B bdiego at gmail.com
Mon May 28 17:43:54 CEST 2007

Hi,

I make some test with svn and it's possible make a "2.44-stable" branch and
keep it sync with trunk using the merge tools of svn.
This is what i think about it:

1) Need a "main" or "principal" maintain that check the change made in
the trunk and merge it in the stable branch (and keep a history of what merge
from the trunk to the stable branch).

2) Set a format for the commit message in the stable branch.
For example:

We make a stable branch of the revision 10766 of blender trunk.
Now suppose that we can merge the fix of the revision 10782 of trunk into
the stable branch:
     #stable-branch> svn merge -r 10781:10782 \
https://svn.blender.org/svnroot/bf-blender/trunk/blender

Now i only need commit this change:

    #stable-branch> svn commit -m "Merge From trunk revision 10781:10782"

The problem is that svn don't know from where come the change... so we need
keep a track about what changset (revision) merge from the trunk to
the stable branch.

I don't see any problem to create and keep sync the stable branch.
Ton ? Campbell ? what you think ?