[Bf-committers] ram usage of multires has doubled since 2.43

Tom M letterrip at gmail.com
Sun May 20 17:54:39 CEST 2007

okay after a lot of testing the bug isn't what I thought it was :)

instead what is happening is that the header polycount is wrong in
2.44 (at least on vista)

so I was actually at 1.6 million polys thinking i was at 400k etc.

Still something to fix, but not nearly as critical (just confusing :) ).

LetterRip

On 5/20/07, Tom M <letterrip at gmail.com> wrote:
> I've reported this to nick already, ton asked me to forward it to the
> list for now, since I can't login to the tracker yet...
>
> method
>
> default cube; add multires; take to level 8 (100k polys) and apply
> multires.  (This is to make the ram jump more obvious in the next
> stage).
>
> add multires - note that ram usage doubles (in 2.43 it doesn't change)
> delete mutlires - ram usage returns to normal

!DSPAM:211,465070f836372048831500!