[Bf-committers] supporting 6Dof devices on blender.

Jean-Luc Peurière jlp at nerim.net
Sat May 19 18:07:05 CEST 2007

Le 19 mai 07 à 15:40, Martin Poirier a écrit :

> --- Campbell Barton <cbarton at metavr.com> wrote:
>
>> I assume adding some licence info to the splash
>> screen when clicking on
>> the Help/About will be ok.
>
> On the contrary, the advertisement clause, like the
> one in the old 4-clause BSD license, most likely makes
> it incompatible with the GPL.

I agree.

However, a solution could be to add a command which display
about_box of the plugins.

Thus the advertisement is inside the plugin, we are not breaking
the GPL and still comply with the license.

If 3Dconnexion makes part of the path, we can imho make some
effort ourself. I'm very confident on adding HID for Os X (i have
working code for that), but dont know for other Oses and the official
SDK is the only way to support older serial devices (not on os x
though )

Still we wont be able to distribute the plugin with blender itself.
--
JLuc
!DSPAM:18,464f20af36371327717776!