[Bf-committers] Python Error, check console (Add->Mesh->Torus)

Stephen Swaney sswaney at centurytel.net
Fri May 18 00:26:14 CEST 2007

On Thu, May 17, 2007 at 12:22:34PM -0700, Joe Eagar wrote:
> Alexander Ewering wrote:

> > ImportError: No module named math
> >
> I think the problem is that our 2.4 had the math module compiled in at
> run-time, but not 2.5.
>
> I'm not sure though.

Not exactly.   On Windows, we provide a zip file with selected py
modules in the apparently unshakable belief that the windozers
are too lame to install python themselves. (No, I do not know
how they manage to get blender installed.  And yes, the
pythoneers provide a nice windows installer)

All ranting aside, our py 2.5 zipfile was lacking the math module.

For non-Windows platforms, we assume python is or can be installed.
Usually, this will be py 2.5 or py 2.4.

In the case of OSX, we assume py 2.3.

--
Stephen Swaney