[Bf-committers] SVN migration

Giuseppe Ghibò ghibo at mandriva.com
Thu May 17 11:25:36 CEST 2007

Diego B ha scritto:

> On 5/14/07, Matt Ebb <matt at mke3.net> wrote:
>> Hi, I realise it's in the transition period, so things are bound to be
>> a bit shaky at the moment, but will the CVS server remain around for a
>> little while? When I try to diff (or update) cvs I get the message:
>> "warning: unrecognized response `This is a restricted account.' from
>> cvs server"
>
> The access to the cvs server are read-only, so you need try the diff or
> update using pserver and anonymous user.
>
>> I'd like to be able to make a patch of my current modifications to CVS
>> so I can do a brand new SVN checkout and patch in my current changes.
>> Unless there is a nifty script somewhere to convert a CVS checkout to
>> an SVN checkout?
>>
>> cheers,
>>
>> Matt
>>

>> On 5/15/07, Ton Roosendaal <ton at blender.org> wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> SVN is almost ready for usage. There are a couple of smaller issues we
>>> want to work on; related to the svn commit email, and the way passwords
>>> are being handled.
>>>
>>> Here's the doc with svn user instructions for Blender:
>>> http://www.blender.org/development/building-blender/svn-checkout-and-
>>> usage/
>>>
>>> Tomorrow more info!

Just in the case someone is interested, to achieve a clean
archive (i.e. without all the .svn entries which takes space), to be used
for instance for building a source tarball to distribute, this command can be used:

svn --force export https://svn.blender.org/svnroot/bf-blender/trunk/blender blender-2.44

Also to preserve the original commit timestamp as cvs was doing by default, add the following
line to your $HOME/.subversion/config file:

use-commit-times = yes

BTW, would be possible from time to time (e.g. monthly)
to upgrade the ChangeLog file? Actually is still of 2003. There is the svn2cl utility (here:
http://ch.tudelft.nl/~arthur/svn2cl/).

Bye
Giuseppe.

!DSPAM:18,464c215856699928250153!