[Bf-committers] Linux x86 Builds

glauber alex dias prado glauberalex at uol.com.br
Sat May 12 14:29:37 CEST 2007

that on a 64 bit machine is a 64 bit library, which wont run a 32 bit
binary, if you really want to test this stuff 32 bit on your machine
i suggest you using a 32 bit chroot, there is one lying on the list which
is pretty good, with option to make static libraries, one thing i would
like to ask to the list, why not make all 32 bit binaries static linked
except for opengl, that it is necessary to have two versions?

On Sat, 12 May 2007 04:55:13 -0300, Shaul Kedem <shaul.kedem at gmail.com>
wrote:

> nope, I got this version:
> /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6
>

> On 5/12/07, Stephen Swaney <sswaney at centurytel.net> wrote:
>>
>> On Fri, May 11, 2007 at 11:31:48PM +0300, Shaul Kedem wrote:
>> > I donwloaded Python 2.4 Dynamic and it gives:
>> > [blender-2.44-linux-glibc232-py24-i386]$ ./blender
>> > ./blender: error while loading shared libraries: libstdc++.so.5:
>> cannot
>> open
>> > shared object file: No such file or directory
>> >
>> > I am using fedora core x86_64..
>>
>> You are missing libstdc++.
>>
>> --
>> Stephen Swaney