[Bf-committers] Linux x86 Builds

Stephen Swaney sswaney at centurytel.net
Fri May 11 17:14:32 CEST 2007

On Fri, May 11, 2007 at 06:03:00AM -0700, Ken Hughes wrote:

> A question for 64-bit linux builds: should I be making all four builds
> also?  I thought the devision was not to do Python 2.4 builds this
> time.  And to refresh my memory,  static and dynamic refer to OpenGL?

Static vs dynamic refers to OpenGL.  Status uses software rendering,
dynamic uses the (hopefully) accellerated OpenGL on the local box.

Py 2.5 is our 'official' version.  Doing a 2.4 is not a requirement,
but might be nice if you have the time & resources.  Otherwise....
let them upgrade!  Lazy whiners.  Pre-fab retort: "you are running
a state of the art 64 bit machine, but using your grandmother's python?"

--
Stephen Swaney
sswaney at centurytel.net

!DSPAM:18,46448863912127181032099!