[Bf-committers] profiling blender (solved)

Timothy Baldridge tbaldridge at gmail.com
Tue May 8 23:39:06 CEST 2007

Maybe we should someday ad a scons/make option for all that.

eg.

make release
make profile
make debug
etc.

Timothy

On 5/8/07, Chris Want <cwant at ualberta.ca> wrote:

> Campbell Barton wrote:
> > Hi, it took me a while to work all this out, but its actually pretty
> > simple in practice - using linux and make
> >

> > Add these lines to your user-def.mk
> >
> > export CFLAGS=-pg -ggdb -g3 -pipe -O0 -pedantic
> > export CCLAGS=-pg -ggdb -g3 -pipe -O0 -pedantic
> > export DBG_LDFLAGS= -p
> >

> > run "make clean"
> > run "make debug"
>
> To create a binary suitable for profiling, I
> usually just do
>
> export NAN_DEBUG="-pg"
>
> Then do 'make'.
>
> Chris

He who works with his hands is a laborer.
He who works with his hands and head is a craftsman.
He who works with his hands and head and heart is an artist.
                                       Saint Francis of Assisi (1182—October
3, 1226)