[Bf-committers] Linux Platform maintainer needed

Timothy Baldridge tbaldridge at gmail.com
Mon May 7 23:25:41 CEST 2007

I've noticed the makefiles sometimes have issues compiling (finding
directories, headers, etc.).  These issues normally don't exist with scons.
But that's just my personal experience.

And stefan, I own a Origin2000 as well. Lets just say mine stays off most of
the time as well.

Timothy

On 5/7/07, Stefan Gartner <stefang at aon.at> wrote:

> On Monday, 7. May 2007 19:39, Shaul Kedem wrote:
> > Some sort of a "howto" would be great as well, my questions are:
> > - do you get the latest cvs before building or use some specific dump
> off
> > cvs (soon to be svn) ?
> > - do you use the make, scons or cmake?
> > - is there a set of tests you run through before submitting the build?
>
> As I'm a Linux Platform mantainer myself (well, sort of) those questions
> are
> of interest to me, as well. For the record, my answers would be:
> - for RCs the latest cvs, for releases the tagged version (or a checkout
> around Ton's release ahoy! message).
> - make
> - if time permits I do regression tests, otherwise I just check if the
> binary
> runs and test some of the new features. Thanks to the testing the x86
> build
> recieves, there usually are no problems on powerpc.
> - not asked: I use a plain debian stable (currently etch) chroot for
> building.
>
> greetings,
> stefan
>
> PS: if anybody's interested, I could do some more exotic linux builds
> (besides
> powerpc): linux/mips and maybe even linux/parisc. The mips machine (sgi
> origin 2000) uses a lot of power, so I'd only do a build on it if there
> really is a need for it.

He who works with his hands is a laborer.
He who works with his hands and head is a craftsman.
He who works with his hands and head and heart is an artist.
                                       Saint Francis of Assisi (1182—October
3, 1226)