[Bf-committers] Re: Linux Platform maintainer needed (Ton Roosendaal)

Rui Campos rcampos at fusemail.com
Mon May 7 12:40:22 CEST 2007

Hi,

I don't think I have the updated chroot here, if someone can point me to
it I can build the RCs. Setting it up takes 5 minutes.

I have the previous chroot (I added Python 2.5 myself to it) with minor
additions, mainly:
- FFMPEG built-in with native support for MP3, XVid and H264.
- Ability to build optimized builds without hassle.
- libgettext built-in on demand.
- freetype built-in on demand.
- openal built-in on demand.

If you want this to be in RC3 or such I can do it.
I can even put it online for others to download if needed.

>From our tests at BlenderBuilds.com, these builds have proven to work just
as good as the official ones. People even say its better to have the
additional libs built-in as it avoids looking out for the proper version
to install.

The drawbacks are a slightly larger binary.

-- Rui --