[Bf-committers] Release progress report

Ton Roosendaal ton at blender.org
Sun May 6 23:37:44 CEST 2007

Hi all,

This sunday meeting we went over release issues and todos:

- Windows "Redistributable" install issue; decision was made to accept
this for 2.44. It seems to cause some stir, so we have to make this
painless as possible. Simon will check on adding a clear hint +
download link in the installer.

- SSS needs a bit of testing and integration fixes. Is no showstopper
(SSS is bonus feature with a WIP sticker on it)

- Regression suite files have to be upgraded, ton does.

- Splash: the judges from 2.43 still had to appoint a new team... in
order to get things done quickly, I've asked Ken Hughes to coordinate
splash contest, and have Brecht and Joshua (Aligorith) to review with
him. The democratic method can come back for 2.50 :)

(Note for those who will miss the cool blue-boy 2.43 splash, we picked
it as Essential Blender book cover!)

- FFMPG: Nathan checks on adding this to the Windows release (the RC
has it even). Jean-Luc will try it for OSX even.

No real showstoppers have been detected. So, unless we get a veto in
(showstoppers where art thou!) we release 2.44 on the 10th of may,
closing cvs indefinitely on the 9th...

Yes, then around the 11th we should have a svn repository, on another
computer. CVS can remain available for reading for a while after, until
svn works for everyone.

Later more,

-Ton-

Ton Roosendaal  Blender Foundation ton at blender.org