[Bf-committers] unwrap->reset crashes in win32 RC2 build

Ton Roosendaal ton at blender.org
Sun May 6 19:01:38 CEST 2007

Hi,

> BTW it is really a non-starter to require WinXP users to
> install the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable stuff,
> when that wasn't necessary before. That should be fixed
> for the release.

This is why:

Microsoft updated the development environment, which gives as a result
a much better & faster Blender binary. The disadvantage is that that
this
upgrade requires an update patch.
This is an official Microsoft advised update you only have to do once,
and which possibly was done already (more applications will require it).

We know it is a hassle... but the choice is for quality.

-Ton-

Ton Roosendaal  Blender Foundation ton at blender.org
http://www.blender.org