[Bf-committers] 64 bit python libraries?

Ken Hughes khughes at pacific.edu
Tue May 1 18:44:48 CEST 2007

Tom M wrote:
> On 5/1/07, Ken Hughes <khughes at pacific.edu> wrote:
>
>> I was for the unofficial releases we did last year.  I don't mind being
>> the 64-bit linux maintainer, but I don't have a 64-bit linux install or
>> a chroot environment at this time.  Should I be setting one up today?
>
> If you are willing to pick up that task again, it would be appreciated
> - if we have a release in two weeks and one of the major highlights is
> planned to be 64bit clean - might be a good idea to have some 64 bit
> builders in place :)

Well, Ton and DJ handed me the 64-bit install disks and said "get to
it", and Stephen gave me a guest worker permit (actually, I assume he
expects me to do Python stuff *too*) so I'm on it as we speak.  Not the
best timing as final exams start this week, but I'll give it my best shot.

But back to the original post; the problem was a linux issue but we
don't ship the linux release version with any python libs.  I thought
the basic Python support was statically linked.

Ken