[Bf-committers] Re: Re: [Bf-blender-cvs] CVS commit: blender/source Makefile nan_definitions.mk blender/source/gameengine Makefile

Kent Mein mein at cs.umn.edu
Wed Mar 28 20:37:34 CEST 2007

> I was wondering why I was compiling without issues, and then
> remembered how I had set up my user-def.mk:
>
> NAN_OPENEXR=$(shell pkg-config --variable=prefix OpenEXR )
> NAN_OPENEXR_INC=$(shell pkg-config --cflags OpenEXR )
> NAN_OPENEXR_LIBS=$(addprefix ${NAN_OPENEXR}/lib/lib,$(addsuffix .a,$(shell pkg-config --libs OpenEXR | sed -s "s/-l//g" )))

of the 5 systems that I tested it on when you originally mentioned it to me,
only 2 of them worked for me.  I didn't really see it as a solution at
that point and I doubt its an across the board thing now days.
(Note 4 of the systems had pkg-config installed however two of them did not
have the libs registered with it, so it was useless.
I think sdl-config is a special case because if its there its more than
likely setup to work correctly.

I think that if we were going to switch over to this it should be voted on.

I do agree that it would be really nice if things just worked and things were
autodetected, and it would be really great to have something that is less
manual.
I'm not really sure pkg-config is the answer though, I think its a great
solution assuming everyone uses it, but unfortunately not everyone does.
(that or I could just have really bad luck with it) ;)

Kent
mein at cs.umn.edu
http://www.cs.umn.edu/~mein