[Bf-committers] Re: [Bf-blender-cvs] CVS commit: blender/source Makefile nan_definitions.mk blender/source/gameengine Makefile

Kent Mein mein at cs.umn.edu
Wed Mar 28 17:48:06 CEST 2007

> Hi,
>
> We got a compatibility issue; OpenEXR new version requires this lib,
> older ones don't.
> Blender does not use it though...
>
> - just remove it from the definitions.mk?
> - Or, get the new ILM exr lib
> - or, we should upgrade the lib/darwin-6.1-powerpc/ in cvs.

> -Ton-

Right, I should have sent out a proposal to the list first instead
of doing a blanket commit, for all platforms.

In my mind the platforms that have it broken should upgrade to newer versions
of OpenEXR(I'm pretty sure that Ton even said on the mailing list that people
should really upgrade to newer versions of OpenEXR recently, I'm not going to
dig up the post but,  if I remember right it was improvements in tiling or
something or other.)

Having said that, there are two different fixes in the meantime that can be
done:
If your a platform maintainer or you get approval from the maintainer for
your platform and you have cvs access you can find the NAN_OPENEXER_LIBS
define in source/nan_definitions.mk and remove IlmThread if needed.

If you do not have cvs access and want a working build you can
find the NAN_OPENEXER_LIBS define in source/nan_definitions.mk
and you can cut and paste that line to your own personal user-def.mk
file and make the change there instead.  If you fall into this group
and do not know who the platform maintainer for your platform is,
let me know and I'll do the hunting down and ask them if its something
we should change.

Kent