[Bf-committers] Re: Subversion to come!

Chris Want cwant at ualberta.ca
Sun Mar 25 17:35:29 CEST 2007

Marco Walraven wrote:
>  - Chris his question (password retype) was anwsered, dunno if my email came through but the rest pointed out this is not going to be a problem.

Hi Marco,

Thanks for the clarification. I was told that SVN uses ssh/keys as
an option (in fact this is the access method that Gnome uses). Using
ssh/keys is very secure, and has worked very well for us in the past,
so why don't we continue to use this method? Using some kind of
unencrypted disk-caching of credentials strikes me as being as
insecure as using pserver with CVS.

Regards,
Chris