[Bf-committers] Re: [Bf-blender-cvs] CVS commit: blender/source/blender/src interface.c

Matt Ebb matt at mke3.net
Sun Mar 25 14:11:51 CEST 2007

On 25/03/2007, at 9:49 PM, Ton Roosendaal wrote:

> The tablet implementation really needs more work.
>
> - There is no description of this tablet API. (code added without
> comments)
> - The API is confusing, it goes 5 wrappers deep only to find a
> pointer inside of the ghost window. Of which it is undefined if
> that's initialized
> - You export an internal Ghost struct and include file to blender
> (GHOST_Types.h). Don't!
>
> It would have worked better if;
>
> - there was a call to check for a tablet connected/initalized
> - there was a clear memory initialize in ghost for this stuff
> - the ghostwinlay.c would get tablet info from ghost, and store
> locally in own window structs, not exporting ghost functions to
> rest Blender.

Yes, I was concerned about this when it was first committed. I mailed
to the list about it then [1], but nobody replied... This part,
accessing the data from within Blender, is from Nicholas' work in the
sculpt soc branch, which I ported over. Before that, I had a
different version in the patch tracker [2] that I made
independently,  which worked similarly to get_qual(). It got the
tablet data in ghostwinlay.c and stored it in the window struct in a
similar manner. It seems that this  may be the better solution,
though I was recommended to port over Nick's work.

If needed, I'm happy to work on converting the current code to a
system more like my original one ( i.e. get_pressure(), get_Xtilt(),
get_Ytilt(), get_activetool() ).

cheers

Matt

[1] http://projects.blender.org/pipermail/bf-committers/2006-August/
015483.html
[2] https://projects.blender.org/tracker/index.php?
func=detail&aid=4757&group_id=9&atid=127

Matt Ebb . matt at mke3.net . http://mke3.net