[Bf-committers] Layers and Renderlayers, a strange fact

Michele Coke mkecoke69 at hotmail.com
Sat Mar 24 21:55:54 CET 2007

Hello,
as everyone of you knows, the selected layers have to be the same of those
set in selected RenderLayer in order to be rendered, otherwise, you'll
obtain just the Sky as written in the manual at this link:
http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Manual/Render_Layers#Finding_RenderLayers
In other words, you have to sync the visible layers with ones in renderlayer
in order to render.
That means for Blender that an hidden layer is equal to an not-renderable
layer, in other words, a layer is hidden AND not-renderable.
That's bit strange compared to a simple logic used also in other softwares,
where a layer could be hidden BUT STILL renderable or viceversa or both.
In my opinion, this sync should be avoided and it could be done in a simple
way, because there's all ready in Blender.
Let's make an example:
I have to model a car from a box using simple planes with attached images as