[Bf-committers] Subversion to come!

Michael Crawford psyborgue at mac.com
Thu Mar 22 22:02:25 CET 2007

On Mar 22, 2007, at 12:04 PM, Chris Burt wrote:

> My comment was only directed toward the implication that if you hadn't
> requested the transition to be quick that perhaps it would be a slow
> process and that perhaps the process should go faster simply because
> you have a personal commercial project which relies on it.

Two cents:  perhaps he wanted the change to be quick so he could
publish the book with accurate information.  That was my initial
assumption for his motivations.  If he is close to a deadline, the
last thing an author would want is incorrect information, and such an
inaccuracy would be directly harmful to the blender community (people
whining about how "the information isn't up to date because those /
crazy open source people/ make changes too quickly and don't document
bla bla bla).  I think you guys are on the same side...  Learn to
trust a little.  I find commercial enterprise distasteful too, but in
the society we live in, food unfortunately does not buy itself...
Furthermore unless you convince universities (or corporations for
that matter) to abandon textbooks and go to a wiki, there will always
be a need for hard-bound reference (as useless as I personally find it).