[Bf-committers] Re: Subversion to come!

GSR gsr.b3d at infernal-iceberg.com
Thu Mar 22 14:15:46 CET 2007

Hi,
jdpf at edumetrics.org (2007-03-22 at 0111.25 -0400):
> >yeah i know about commit rights but say you had a GForge username
> >and password you can use that to still checkout right?
> I'm curious, why do you ask this question about checking out without
> commit rights using a GForge account?

One reason could be that some projects had (have?) different servers
for anonymous and auth users, so one was behind the other until the
periodic sync was performed, or just one server was overloaded thus
slower. It was nasty when trying to test fixes "live" via IRC, as you
had to wait a lot or use diff / dcc / patch.

GSR