[Bf-committers] Subversion to come!

jonathan ferguson jdpf at edumetrics.org
Thu Mar 22 06:11:25 CET 2007

On Mar 21, 2007, at 11:19 PM, ddwagnz wrote:

> yeah i know about commit rights but say you had a GForge username
> and password you can use that to still checkout right?

I'm curious, why do you ask this question about checking out without
commit rights using a GForge account?

Just to clarify, there is *no need* for you to have a GForge username
and password if you are checking out sources using the "traditional
anonymous method." That said, I have absolutely no idea if it will
make any difference if you use a user account from GForge that does
not have commit rights. I would expect, but do not know, that the
subversion repository (really, the apache2 webserver) will *not*
allow such a checkout--- but these are configuration options. Only
the administrator knows the answer. :D

have a nice day.yad
jdpf