[Bf-committers] Subversion to come!

Chris Want cwant at ualberta.ca
Thu Mar 22 00:41:13 CET 2007

ddwagnz wrote:
> Hi,
> What does that mean
>  (below)
> ddwagnz
>

>     All repositories will be migrated keeping history intact and available
>     via viewvc from within GForge. Ssh access as we know it will be
>     dropped, keys will be dropped and instead the GForge username, password
>     will be used to gain access to the Subversion repository over https.
>     Anonymous repository access will be granted to projects that desire
>     this.

Hi ddwagnz,

I suspect that for those with anonymous access, it will be pretty
similar to the old CVS way. The ssh/key stuff was just for people
with commit rights. There will be a mail to this list (I suspect)
with an outline of the new way to get the sources from the new code
management system when it goes online.

Chris

P.S. Thanks everybody for the clarification about authentication
... I guess I have some reading to do!