[Bf-committers] Subversion to come!

jonathan ferguson jdpf at edumetrics.org
Wed Mar 21 18:48:48 CET 2007

hi.

On Mar 21, 2007, at 12:30 PM, Chris Want wrote:

> Ton Roosendaal wrote:
>> All repositories will be migrated keeping history intact and
>> available via viewvc from within GForge. Ssh access as we know it
>> will be dropped, keys will be dropped and instead the GForge
>> username, password will be used to gain access to the Subversion
>> repository over https. Anonymous repository access will be granted
>> to projects that desire this.
>
> Hi Marco,
>
> Does this mean we will have to type a password every time we
> do an SVN command?

Sorry for jumping in here, but no. SVN will cache password
credentials. It depends on the URL access method. The red bean book
has more info on exactly what methods do what. in summary, however,
if the URLs will be over HTTPS, then SVN will cache the password. I
use Digest over HTTPS for some of my SVN repositories.

have a nice day.yad
jdpf