[Bf-committers] Summer of Code Idea -- Renderman Integration

Hannu Parviainen hannu at astro.helsinki.fi
Wed Mar 21 08:52:32 CET 2007

Hi,

I've been working on Renderman integration for about 2 months.
I made a small announcement about it on developer forums
http://www.blender.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p=60603#60603 ,
but I've preferred to keep low profile with it before I have something
stable and usable to show ;)

Currently the export of meshes, camera and lamps is working
(well.. more or less, to be honest. Lamps do need still more work).
Meshes can be exported as subdivisionmeshes, pointspolygons or points,
and lamps can use shaders mimicking blender's lamps, or custom lighsource
shader. Most work is done under the hood, like the functions to handle
Renderman options and attributes as IDProperties.

I'd certainly like to share ideas about the implementation. If you want to
do the integration as a SoC-project, it would be nice to see if my code
could
be of help.

Hannu Parviainen
Observatory