[Bf-committers] Re: Proposal for new plugin API

Peter Schlaile peter at schlaile.de
Mon Mar 19 08:14:07 CET 2007

Hi,

> That's why I wanted input on the idea.  If you're already working on it,
> then I don't know.  It seemed to me that there was a lot of work that
> could be done, and things could even get out of hand.

after thinking about it again: why not just work on the plugins in new
areas? (like node system, subtitles for sequencer, thinks I haven't
thought of.)

The system I designed is backward compatible, so old plugins will even
work in binary form. (No need to convert all, can be done by the authors
of the plugins, if they like.)

If you already put some thoughtwork into plugin-system design, just
check with my proposal. Maybe I missed a very critical point completely -
which could turn out to be your project ;-)

If you have any additional ideas regarding plugins, we might want to
continue this discussion directly on the wiki page.

Greetings,
Peter